Viking Sports Report
9/12 - 9/18/2021 Viking Sports Report
- JV and Varsity Volleyball defeated Kouts High School. JV won 2-0. Varsity won in 4 set 25-17,25-23,23-25,25-14. Kennedy Wagner led in aces and kills with 6 and 19. Brooke Sutherland had 4 blocks and Riley Treece had 23 digs.
8/1 - 8/14/2021 Viking Sports Report
- Girls Golf finished 3rd out of 12 schools in the Kankakee Valley Invite. Norah Rossmann finished 3rd overall with an 80. Faith Lee shot an 85, Madeline Isley shot 90 and Leah Ribordy a 94. Way to go!
- Girls Golf placed 3rd out of 11 schools at the Lake Central Invite at Palmira County Club.
- Girls Golf won the Crown point invitational! Faith Lee placed 1st overall and Norah Rossmann finished 5th overall. Great job Ladies!
- In the first Golf match of the season, the girls team finished in 2nd place. Faith Lee finished 3rd overall and Norah Rossmann finished 5th.
8/14 - 8/21/2021 Viking Sports Report
- It was a tough day on the soccer field for our Girls Soccer team. They lost to Evansville 0-5. Bri Shudick had 8 saves. Penn also defeated the Vikings 1-3. Ava Jaime had 1 goal, Kaylee Rongers had 1 assist and Bri Shudick had 4 saves.
- The FR Volleyball team won the Freshman Volleyball Invite! Great Job Ladies!
- The JV Football team was defeated by Penn 7-26.
- Boys Varsity Soccer defeated Bishop Noll 8-0. EJ Dreher had 4 goals & 3 assists, Jack Isroff had 3 goals & 2 assists and CJ Imhoff had 1 goal & 2 saves.
- The Football team opened up the season with their 4th straight win over Penn. The final score was 35-7. Hayden Vinyard ran for 228 yards. The Vikings ran for a total of 357 yards. Mason mcMullen and Nathan Craft each had 8 tackles.
- Girls soccer were defeated by Homestaed by a score of 1-5. Emma Kay hd 1 goal, Kayla Green had 1 assist and Bri Shudick had 13 saves.
- Girls Golf defeated Crown Point 187-192! Norah Rossmann was low score with a 39. The girls are 4-0 so far this year and 2-0 in the DAC!
- The FR Football team defeated Penn 26-14. Jacob Moore rushed for 2 touchdowns, Thomas Burda and Charles Kopp each had 1 touchdown.
- Boys Tennis were defeated by St. Joe 5-0.
- Varsity Boys Soccer defeated Portage 2-0. Jack Isroff and EJ Dreher each had a goal. JV were defeated by Portage 0-3.
- Volleyball continued their winning streak by defeating Bishop Noll. JV ended in 3 sets, 25-20, 22-25 & 15-10. Aylea Sutherland had 9 kills, Addie Nagel has 17 setting assists. Varsity won 25-11, 25-19 & 25-20. Kennedy Wagner had 19 kills and 18 digs. Amie Schutz had 10 kills and 12 digs.
- Girls Golf defeated Highland and Hobart. Valpo shot a 184, Hobart a 259 and highland a 266.
- JV and Varsity Volleyball defeated Washington town ship. JV 25-14 & 25-11. Varsity ended with 25-11, 25-15 & 25-11.
- JV and Varsity Girls Soccer started the season with a couple of wins. JV defeated Portage 9-0. Varsity won 5-0. Sophia Jaime scored 4 goals and her sister Ava scored 1. Bri Schudick had 3 saves.
- Volleyball kicked off the season with a home game versus Hobart. The Varsity did an amazing job defeating the Brickies in 3 straight set, 25-12, 25-5, 25-12. JV won in 2 sets, 25-9, 25-15. Freshman completed the sweep 25-9, 25-11.
- The Girls Varsity Soccer played at the Andrean Jamboree on Saturday, defeating Hebron 9-0 and Andrea 3-0.
8/22 - 8/28/2021 Viking Sports Report
- Volleyball got 5th place in the Plymouth Tournament. Defeated Plymouth - 25-9, 25-15. Lost to McCutcheon 14-25, 20-25. Lost to Penn 23-25, 25-18. Defeated Chesterton 25-15, 25-18. Bella Rodriguez and Gwen Clifford each had 6 aces. Kennedy Wagner had 27 kills. Gwen Clifford had 4 blocks and Riley Treece had 28 digs.
- Boys JV/Varsity soccer defeated Highland. JV won 2-0. Lincoln Burns had both goals! Noah Magiera and Ezra Staab each had an assist. Varsity won 6-0. Jack Isroff had 1 goal & 2 assists, FJ Dreher had 1 goal & 3 assists, Jeshua Leftridge had 2 goals, Isaac Siewin had 1 goal and Michael Jankowski had 1 goal & 1 assist. The Varsity team is 4-0 and 2-0 in the DAC.
- Varsity Football defeated Highland Central 71-6. The Vikings defense had 4 sacks and 2 interceptions. Jackson Kopp had 1 field goal and 8 extra points to add 11 to the score.
- Boys Varsity Cross Country placed 2nd in the Penn Invite. Jimmy Dillabaugh placed 8th overall with a time of 17:26.79. The JV placed first!
- Varsity Girls Cross Country placed 2nd place in the Rudy Skorupa Invite. Libby Ehrhardt, Grace Thomas & Brooke Byvoets led the team at 10,11 & 12th place. Other top 20 finishers were Lilly Maldia & Annika Anderson. The Reserve squad place 7 in the top 10. Led by overall winner Aubree Foreman in 21:26. Other top 10 finishers were Meredith Isley, Becca Cavanaugh, Noelle Gapinski, Abby Artherhults, Jorie Irving & Olympia Berbesque.
- Fr/JV and Varsity Volleyball were all winners last night over Michigan City. FR and JV both won 2-0. Varsity won in 3 sets, 25-8, 25-20, & 25-9. Anna Petrouski had 5 aces and 10 digs, Kennedy Wagner had 12 kills and Gwen Clifford had 2 blocks!
- Fr Football defeated Hammond Central last night. The Vikings won 30-8. Thomas Burda had 3 rushing touchdowns and Julian Stokes had 1.
- JV Boys Soccer tied Morgan Township last night 1-1. Noah Gariby scored 1 goal on a penalty shot and Jackson Novak had 3 saves.
- Boys Varsity Tennis was defeated by Munster 0-5. JV were also defeat 4-6
- Boys Soccer chalked up a win against LaPorte. JV won 7-0. Varsity won 6-0. Jack Isroff, EJ Dreher, Jeshua Leftridge and Ty Wells all scored 1 goal and Isaac Siewin scored 2 goals. CJ Imhoff had 2 saves.
- Girls Golf continued their winning streak, defeating DAC rivals, Chesterton, 179-224. The Girls are 5-0!
- FR Volleyball defeated Lake Central 2 -0. JV were defeated by Lake Central 0-2. The Varsity girls had a long night, defeating Lake Central in 5, 19-25, 25-19, 25-20, 22-25, 15-6. Bella Rodriguez had 4 aces, Kennedy Wagner had 18 kills and 17 digs. Gwen Clifford and Brooke Sutherland each had 2 blocks.
- The Girls Soccer team defeated LaPorte 4-0. Aubrey Brown had 2 goals, Brooklyn Engel and Hailey Stemple each scored 1. Jo fields had 1 assist.
8/29 - 9/4/2021 Viking Sports Report
- Boys Soccer split the games on Saturday. The Vikings were defeated by Evansville North 1-3. Michael Jankowski had the lone goal. Luke Ribordy and CJ Imhoff each had 3 saves. They defeated Indianapolis Pike 2-1. Jack Isroff and EJ Dreher each had a goal. CJ Imhoff had 6 saves.
- Girls Varsity Soccer defeated South Bend Adams 3-0. JV were also winners beating the Eagles 9-0.
- Girls Cross Country Place 1st at the Manchester Invite. Kaylie Politza placed 1st overall and Annika Anderson place 4th.
- Boys Cross Country Placed 4th at the State Preview Meet in Terre Haute.
- JV Football defeated the LaPorte Slicers 26-0.
- Varsity Football defeated LaPorte 56-26. Logan Lockhart went 10 for 17 as QB for a total of 89 passing yards. Hayden Vineyard ran for 298 yards, averaging 9 yards a carry. Anthony Schafer had 3 receptions for a total of 46 yards. Nathan Craft topped the defense with 10 tackles. Aidan McNeil and Zach Brown combined for 2 sacks.
- Boys Soccer defeated Bloomington North2-0. Jack Isroff and EJ Dreher each had a goal. CJ Imhoff had 3 saves and Luke Ribordy had 2 saves.
- Varsity Volleyball defeated the Merrillville Pirates in 3, 25-16, 25-2 & 25-17. Anna Petrouski & Riley Treece each had 4 aces. Gwen Clifford & Kennedy Wagner each had 8 kills. Gwen Clifford had 2 blocks. Riley Treece had 12 digs. Great job Lady Vikings!
- Boys Tennis defeated Portage 5-0. #1 singles, Matt Nightingale, won 7-6, 6-2. #2 singles Nate Nightingale, won 6-2, 6-1. #3 singles, Nick Lustick, 6-1, 6-3. #1 doubles, Harry Wainman & Colin Walworth won 6-0, 6-3. #2 doubles Preston Ross and Dylan Vo, won 6-0, 6-0.
- FR football defeated the LaPorte Slicers by a score of 28-0. Jacob Moore had 2 touchdowns, Julian Stokes and Thomas Burda each had 1.
- Girls Golf lost their first match of the season by only 3 strokes to Kankakee Valley, 177-174. Faith Lee was the low shooter for Valpo with a 38.
- Boys Tennis defeated Hobart 5-0. #1 singles, Matt Nightingale, won 6-3, 6-4. #2 singles, Nate Nightingale, won 6-0,6-2. #3 singles, Matthew Smith, won 6-1, 6-1. #1 doubles, Harry Wainman & Colin Walworth, won 6-0,6-0. #2 doubles, Preston Ross & Nick Lustick, won 6-0,6-0.
- Boys soccer lost both matches to Chesterton. JV lost 0-2. Jackson Novak had 3 saves. The Varsity were defeat 0-6. CJ Imhoff had 4 saves and Luke Ribody had 3 saves.
- Volleyball swept Chesterton in Freshman, JV and Varsity! FR won 2-0, JV won 2-1. Varsity won 25-21, 25-22 & 25-20. Kyla Coolman and Kennedy Wagner each had 2 aces. Kennedy Wagner had 20 kills. Riley Treece and Kennedy Wagner each had 12 digs.
- Girls Golf is on fire! The Lady Vikings defeated both Lake Central and LaPorte last night to go to 7-0!
- Girls Soccer split the games last night with Chesterton. The JV shut out the Trojans defeating them 2-0. Varsity lost 1-2. Kaylee Rongers had the lone goal.
- Boys Tennis lost to Crown Point 0-5.
- Boys Tennis had a great win last night over Lowell 5-0. #1 singles Matt Nightingale won 6-4,6-3. #2 singles, Colin Walworth won 6-0,6-1. #3 singles Mate Nightingale won 6-0,6-1. #1 doubles Matthew Smith & Harry Wainman won 6-0,6-1. #2 doubles Preston Ross & Dylan Vo won 6-1,6-2. JV won 9-0.
- Boys Varsity Soccer defeated Griffith 7-0. Jack Isroff 4 Goals/1 Assists, EJ Dreher 2 Assists, Jeshua Leftridge 1 Goal, Isaac Siewin 1 Goal/1 Assist, Michael Jankowski 2 Assists, Ethan Brubaker1 Assist, Ty Wells 1 Goal, Luke Ribordy 2 Saves, CJ Imhoff 3 saves.
9/5 - 9/11/2021 Viking Sports Report
- Girls Varsity Cross Country placed 3rd overall at the Wildcat Classic. Kaylie Politza ran a 17:46 and placed 1st overall. 7 Valpo runners ran under 20 minutes!
- Girls Varsity Soccer fell to St. Joe 0-1. Bri Schudick had 8 saves. JV won 3-0.
- JV Football played Michigan City and came out with a win 44-27.
- Varsity Volleyball competed in the Slicer Tourney at LaPorte. They lost to Munster 14-25,24-26 and Elkhart 14-25,17-25. They defeated South Bend St. Joe 25-12, 25-14 and Marian 25-12 and 25-2. Kennedy Wagner had 7 aces and 40 kills on the day. Gwen Clifford had 5 blocks and Riley Treece had 25 digs.
- Varsity Football had a big win on Patriot Night against Michigan City, 49-28. Logan Lockhart went 5/10 with 110 passing yards. Hayden Vineyard scored 6 touchdowns, 4 rushing and 2 receiving. He ran for a total of 176 yards. Nolan Johnson and Tyler VerSchure each had 5 solo tackles. Mason McMullen and Aiden McNeil each had a sack!
- Girls Golf placed 2nd overall at the Pat Ford Invitational.
- Volleyball lost to LaPorte in a tough fight, 16-25, 25-20, 25-21, 13-15. Bella Rodriquez had 3 aces, Kennedy Wagner had 27 kills and Riley Treece had 18 digs to lead the stats for the Vikings. JV lost 0-2 and Freshmen won 2-0.
- Girls Varsity Soccer took on Munster and came out with a 2-0 victory. Jenna Frey and Kailyn Smith each scored 1 goal. Brianna Shudick had 3 saves.
- FR Football defeated Michigan City 36-6.
- Boys Varsity Tennis lost to Chesterton 0-5. JV lost 4-6.
- Boys Varsity Soccer defeated Michigan City 15-0. Drew Brandt led the team with 3 goals. Seth Anderson has 4 assists. JV defeated the Wolves 10-0.
- Varsity Girls Soccer defeated Michigan City 9-0. Sophia Jaime led the team with 2 goals and 1 assists. JV also won 9-0.
- Volleyball took on the region powerhouse, Crown Point, and put up a great fight! Varsity lost in 4, 22-25, 15-25, 25-21 & 16-25. Riley Treece had 19 digs, Kennedy Wagner had 19 kills and Bella Rodriguez had 20 assists. JV and FR lost 0-2.
- Girls Golf won the DAC Tournament! The Lady Vikings have gone undefeated in the DAC so far this season. Norah Rossmann and Faith Graves finished 4th and 5th over all in the DAC tournament.